OAKLAND (KRON) — One of two people killed in a crash Saturday on Interstate 880 in Oakland has been identified, according to California Highway Patrol.
Sunday CHP reported that 26-year-old Joel Hutchinson of Oakland was killed in the collision.
Around 4:15 a.m. Saturday officers responded to reports of a dark sedan traveling the wrong way on northbound I-880 without its headlights on, CHP said.
About five minutes later, the wrong way driver slammed head-on into another vehicle traveling in the right direction.
Both drivers died at the scene, according to CHP.
Authorities say there were no passengers in either car.
CHP is investigating whether drugs or alcohol were a factor.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- DEADLY POLICE SHOOTING SHUTS DOWN EAST BAY FREEWAY
- ONE KILLED IN ROCK SLIDE AT YOSEMITE’S EL CAPITAN
- POLICE: SAN JOSE SEX OFFENDER EXPOSED HIMSELF TO GIRL
- VIDEO: POLICE DRAG WOMAN OFF SOUTHWEST AIRLINES FLIGHT
- NEW NETFLIX, ITUNES SCAM COULD LEAVE YOU BROKE
- POLICE: TEEN CAUGHT HAVING SEX WITH WIENER DOG, AGAIN
- SF FLEET WEEK 2017: SCHEDULE OF EVENTS