REDWOOD CITY (KRON) — A 74-year-old man was hit and killed by a California Highway Patrol car just north of Half Moon Bay Saturday night, according to CHP.
Around 8:24 p.m. Redwood City CHP units responded to the accident on Highway 1 south of Capistrano Rd.
“It appears the CHP vehicle was traveling northbound on SR-1 when it collided with a 74-year-old Filipino male pedestrian,” CHP said.
The pedestrian suffered fatal injuries as a result of this collision, and was pronounced dead at the scene by emergency personnel.
Highway 1 was closed in both directions for about four hours during the on-scene investigation.
If you have any information on this collision please contact Officer Kurtis Waldschmidt at (650) 369-6261.
— Philippe Djegal (@pdjegal) October 1, 2017
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- DEADLY POLICE SHOOTING SHUTS DOWN EAST BAY FREEWAY
- ONE KILLED IN ROCK SLIDE AT YOSEMITE’S EL CAPITAN
- POLICE: SAN JOSE SEX OFFENDER EXPOSED HIMSELF TO GIRL
- VIDEO: POLICE DRAG WOMAN OFF SOUTHWEST AIRLINES FLIGHT
- NEW NETFLIX, ITUNES SCAM COULD LEAVE YOU BROKE
- POLICE: TEEN CAUGHT HAVING SEX WITH WIENER DOG, AGAIN
- SF FLEET WEEK 2017: SCHEDULE OF EVENTS