HALF MOON BAY(KRON)–After years of legal battles, the billionaire who owns Martins Beach near Half Moon Bay finally granted public access to the beach Wednesday night.
The venture capitalist purchased the 53-acre property in 2008. He then blocked off the only road leading to the beach despite a court order.
An appeals court ruled that he is breaking the law by blocking public access to the beach.
California’s coastal regulator ordered him to unlock the gate and to remove all “No Trespassing” signs.
- SNIPER IN HIGH-RISE HOTEL KILLS AT LEAST 58 IN LAS VEGAS
- LAS VEGAS SHOOTER WAS RETIRED, HAD NO CRIMINAL RECORD
- LIVE COVERAGE: KRON4’S LAS VEGAS SISTER STATION
- LAS VEGAS MASSACRE: CONCERT VICTIMS TALK ABOUT SHOOTING
- LAS VEGAS ATTACK IS DEADLIEST SHOOTING IN MODERN US HISTORY
- WOMAN SAYS HUSBAND DIED TRYING TO SAVE HER IN LAS VEGAS SHOOTING ATTACK
- LAS VEGAS SHOOTER’S DAD WAS A BANK ROBBER ON THE FBI MOST WANTED LIST