(KRON) Authorities say they still don’t have a clear motive for the Las Vegas shooting rampage.
Undersheriff Kevin C. McMahill provided an update on the investigation Friday.
He says authorities have looked at gunman Stephen Paddock’s personal life, political affiliation, economic situation and any potential radicalization.
McMahill says authorities are aware the Islamic State group has claimed responsibility for the attack, but so far there is no evidence that it had a role.
He says authorities will continue to investigate those areas as well as look into leads and tips that come in.
Paddock unleased gunfire Sunday from the 32nd floor of the Mandalay Bay hotel casino on the Las Vegas Strip, killing dozens and injuring nearly 500 people. He killed himself as police closed in.
- VEGAS SHOOTER’S GIRLFRIEND ‘SENT AWAY’ BEFORE HIS MASSACRE
- PHOTOS: REMEMBERING VICTIMS OF VEGAS SHOOTING
- VEGAS MASS SHOOTER’S GIRLFRIEND ARRIVES IN US
- VIDEO: WOMAN WITNESSED VEGAS SHOOTING FROM FLOOR ABOVE GUNMAN
- SAN JOSE WOMAN DIES IN VEGAS SHOOTING
- BAY AREA MEN SAVE LIVES DURING LAS VEGAS SHOOTING
- SF FLEET WEEK 2017: SCHEDULE OF EVENTS