OAKLAND (KRON) — Southbound Interstate 880 in Oakland is open after being closed due to police activity Sunday morning, according to an incident report from California Highway Patrol.
CHP reported a wrong-way driver between the Broadway on-ramp and 16th St. at 7:19 a.m.
It is unclear if the wrong-way driver crashed, but there was police activity and significant traffic in the area.
Drivers spotting the traffic jam were making U-turns on the freeway to exit at Broadway.
Officers then diverted traffic to 16th St.
No injuries have been reported.
All lanes were reopened shortly after 8:00 a.m.
Stay with KRON4 for updates on this developing, breaking news story.
- 1ST GRADER’S FIGHT POSSIBLY TRIGGERED DEADLY VALLEJO SHOOTING
- WHAT WE KNOW ABOUT THE LAS VEGAS GUNMAN
- RAINFOREST CAFE ON SF’S FISHERMAN’S WHARF CLOSES
- COMEDIAN RALPHIE MAY DEAD AT AGE 45
- WOMAN KILLED IN SAN JOSE STABBING
- FLEET WEEK: THE BEST PLACES TO WATCH THE BLUE ANGELS SHOW
- SF FLEET WEEK 2017: SCHEDULE OF EVENTS