CALISTOGA (KRON) — The entire City of Calistoga is now under mandatory evacuation due to the North Bay firestorm, according to the Napa County Sheriff’s Office.
The sheriff says the conditions have worsened.
Those evacuating can exit the City via Highway 29 South or via the Silverado Trail South to Zinfandel Lane then west to Highway 29 South.
A shelter is available at American Canyon High School, located at 3000 Newell Drive, American Canyon 94503.
Residents are told to evacuate as soon as possible.
If you’re evacuating, it is advised to pack necessary belongings, medications, pets, personal items, cell phones, chargers, important papers and anything else deemed necessary.
Earlier, officials went through the town of 5,000 people, knocking on doors to warn about 2,000 of them to leave.
Dangerous gusty winds and low moisture were forecast to reach the region Wednesday afternoon, fanning already raging wildfires.
Stay with KRON4 for updates on this breaking news story on-air, online, and on the KRON4 app.
North Bay Firestorm
- WILDFIRES RAGING IN NORTH BAY GROW TO 20K ACRES
- NORTH BAY WILDFIRES: EVACUATION CENTER INFORMATION
- LIST OF SCHOOL CLOSURES DUE TO NORTH BAY FIRE
- SANTA ROSA FIRE JUMPS HIGHWAY 101
- WINE COUNTRY WILDFIRES TORCH NORTH BAY HOMES
- SMOKE FROM NORTH BAY WILDFIRES FILLS BAY AREA SKIES