SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) — Two linebackers for the 49ers were held at gunpoint during an attempted robbery after leaving a San Francisco nightclub early Monday morning.
Reuben Foster and Ray-Ray Armstrong were confronted by two armed men as they were leaving the Love And Propaganda located at 85 Campton Place.
The masked men were carrying an assault rifle and a pistol.
Foster and Armstrong were able to run away and escape.
The pair took refuge in a nearby hotel before calling the police.
In a statement, the 49ers said they are glad neither player was hurt and that both players are cooperating with the police investigation.
- BABY TUBBS BORN AT SAFARI WEST DURING FIRES HAS DIED
- FIRE IN SANTA CRUZ MOUNTAINS FORCES EVACUATIONS
- RESIDENTS TOLD TO EVACUATE DUE TO DUBLIN FIRE
- GRASS FIRE IN SAUSALITO SHUTS DOWN SB 101
- VOLUNTEER FIREFIGHTER KILLED IN NAPA CRASH IDENTIFIED
- INTERACTIVE MAP OF SANTA ROSA FIRE DAMAGE
- WATCH KRON4 NEWS LIVE