NEW YORK (AP) – Stephen Curry has been fined $50,000 for throwing his mouthpiece in the direction of an official during the final minute of Golden State’s loss at Memphis on Saturday night.
Teammate Andre Iguodala received a $15,000 fine for his response and “verbally abusing a game official” late in the 111-101 loss that sent the defending NBA champions to a 1-2 start.
The NBA announced the penalties Monday, when the Warriors were set to play at Dallas to conclude their three-game road trip. Curry knew he faced a stiff fine, saying after the game, “My pockets will be a lot lighter for sure.”
Curry became angry because he thought he was fouled on a lay-in with 43.1 seconds left. Kevin Durant also was ejected following the play.
Late Saturday, Curry tweeted: “No excuse for that! Gotta remember who I am playing for…”
- SF OFFICER IN CRITICAL CONDITION AFTER HIT-AND-RUN
- DOZENS STILL MISSING IN NORTH BAY FIRESTORM
- FIRST RAIN OF THE SEASON TO FALL THURSDAY
- TWO 49ERS HELD AT GUNPOINT IN SF
- NORTH BAY FIRESTORM: DONATION STATION ISSUE
- FIVE-YEAR-OLD’S GRAVE MARKER REPOSSESSED
- INTERACTIVE MAP OF SANTA ROSA FIRE DAMAGE