SAN RAMON (KRON)–The San Ramon Police Department launched an investigation on Wednesday after a third-grade student was accused of bringing a gun to school.
According to San Ramon Valley Unified School District, on Tuesday the student had stashed the gun in his backpack and showed it to a classmate.
The school district said the classmate told his parent about the incident, who in turn contacted school administration.
San Ramon police immediately began an investigation that ongoing.
Details are scarce on how the student obtained the gun, but it was loaded with 9mm bullets.
Officers said the gun was never brandished or used to threaten another student. The student will face appropriate disciplinary action.
- SUSPECT SKETCHES, 911 CALL RELEASED IN SHERRI PAPINI KIDNAPPING
- 3 MEN ARRESTED IN SAN JOSE KILLING, ACCUSED OF TARGETING BROTHELS
- 3 SF PUBLIC SCHOOLS SHOW HIGH LEVELS OF LEAD IN WATER
- OFFICER TAKES KID TO MCDONALDS ON BDAY AFTER NO ONE PICKS HIM UP
- FEMALE GANG MEMBER’S ‘HOT’ MUGSHOT GOES VIRAL
- TEEN TO BE TRIED AS ADULT IN MURDER OF 8-YEAR-OLD MADDY MIDDLETON
- POLICE: 8-YEAR-OLD BRINGS GUN TO EAST BAY SCHOOL