MILPITAS (KRON) — A student at Milpitas High School was taken into custody Thursday for allegedly bringing a gun school, according to police.
The school, located at 1285 Escuela Parkway, was placed on lockdown, police said on Twitter at around 1 p.m.
Police said the school was placed on lockdown out of an abundance of caution.
The student was quickly taken into custody and the lockdown was lifted.
At around 3 p.m., the school was placed on lockdown for a second time after police received a report of a second student on campus with a gun.
Police said the student was contacted off campus and the lockdown was lifted at around 3:30 p.m.
The incidents are currently under investigation.
Stay with KRON4 News for updates
— Milpitas Police (@MilpitasPD) October 26, 2017
- SUSPECT SKETCHES, 911 CALL RELEASED IN SHERRI PAPINI KIDNAPPING
- 3 MEN ARRESTED IN SAN JOSE KILLING, ACCUSED OF TARGETING BROTHELS
- 3 SF PUBLIC SCHOOLS SHOW HIGH LEVELS OF LEAD IN WATER
- OFFICER TAKES KID TO MCDONALDS ON BDAY AFTER NO ONE PICKS HIM UP
- FEMALE GANG MEMBER’S ‘HOT’ MUGSHOT GOES VIRAL
- TEEN TO BE TRIED AS ADULT IN MURDER OF 8-YEAR-OLD MADDY MIDDLETON
- POLICE: 8-YEAR-OLD BRINGS GUN TO EAST BAY SCHOOL