SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) — Expect great weather this weekend, with high temperatures luring more people out toward the beach.
But be warned–there is a hazardous beach advisory you should know about.
Forecasters expect large waves, increasing the risk of rip currents and sneaker waves along the beaches from San Francisco south to Monterey Bay.
The warning is in effect now through Sunday evening.
So, if you are headed that direction, the best advice is to stay out of the ocean.
Stay a safe distance from the waves and never turn your back to the water.
— NWS Bay Area (@NWSBayArea) October 27, 2017
- SUSPECT SKETCHES, 911 CALL RELEASED IN SHERRI PAPINI KIDNAPPING
- 3 MEN ARRESTED IN SAN JOSE KILLING, ACCUSED OF TARGETING BROTHELS
- 3 SF PUBLIC SCHOOLS SHOW HIGH LEVELS OF LEAD IN WATER
- OFFICER TAKES KID TO MCDONALDS ON BDAY AFTER NO ONE PICKS HIM UP
- FEMALE GANG MEMBER’S ‘HOT’ MUGSHOT GOES VIRAL
- TEEN TO BE TRIED AS ADULT IN MURDER OF 8-YEAR-OLD MADDY MIDDLETON
- POLICE: 8-YEAR-OLD BRINGS GUN TO EAST BAY SCHOOL