SAN JOSE (KRON) — Five people were arrested, five cars were impounded, and an officer was struck as a result of Bay Area sideshows on Sunday, according to San Jose Police Department.
Around 10:00 p.m., “San Jose police officers along with the California Highway Patrol, Santa Clara County Sheriff’s Office, and Morgan Hill Police Department conducted a racer enforcement operation in various locations throughout San Jose,” police said.
A San Jose officer was hit by a car during a traffic stop for reckless driving on Hostetter Rd. near Highway 680, police said.
The officer was treated at a local hospital for non-life threatening injuries.
The driver of the car fled the scene and remains at large.
The driver, who was the only person in the car, has not been identified.
He is described as a Hispanic or Filipino man in his early 20’s, clean shaven, driving a maroon or brown two-door Nissan 240SXE.
Five people were arrested for reckless driving and outstanding warrants, police said.
Two citations were issued and five cars were impounded.
There are the identities of the people arrested:
- Jeff Michael Geronimo Aguinto, 23, of Daly City
- Andreas Militapes Maos, 24, of San Bruno
- Agustin Arriaga, 24,of Manteca
- Heuer Anibal Baeza, 42, of San Jose
- A 15-year-old, of Pacoima. Booked for felony grand theft auto, driving unlicensed, reckless driving, receiving stolen property, and resisting arrest.
Sideshows also took place Saturday near Interstate 880 south at Hegenberger Road, police said. About 200 motorcycles were doing “sideshow activities.” A passenger in a truck was filming the activity, police said.
Officers say they chased the motorcycles on Highway 92 heading west, but could not catch up with them. The sideshow activities continued on I-580 in the Castro Valley Area.
“CHP…units relentlessly followed the group as they sped through city streets, terrorizing the innocent motoring public, causing an inconvenience to many who were traveling at this time.”
No further details are available at this time.
Weekend Bay Area sideshows
- SUSPECT SKETCHES, 911 CALL RELEASED IN SHERRI PAPINI KIDNAPPING
- 3 MEN ARRESTED IN SAN JOSE KILLING, ACCUSED OF TARGETING BROTHELS
- 3 SF PUBLIC SCHOOLS SHOW HIGH LEVELS OF LEAD IN WATER
- OFFICER TAKES KID TO MCDONALDS ON BDAY AFTER NO ONE PICKS HIM UP
- FEMALE GANG MEMBER’S ‘HOT’ MUGSHOT GOES VIRAL
- TEEN TO BE TRIED AS ADULT IN MURDER OF 8-YEAR-OLD MADDY MIDDLETON
- POLICE: 8-YEAR-OLD BRINGS GUN TO EAST BAY SCHOOL