FAIRFIELD (KRON)–On Friday night a Fairfield police officer rescued a 16-year-old girl who was a victim of human trafficking.
According to the Fairfield Police Department, the officer found the girl in the 1400 block of West Texas Street. The victim told police she was a runaway from Fresno and in the past four years had been trafficked in Miami, Atlanta, Chicago, Las Vegas, Oakland and San Jose.
Based on information police obtained from the victim, her alleged pimp, 38-year-old Fairfield resident Leshone Jonhson was arrested.
Johnson was taken to Solano County Jail and charged with pandering and pimping.
The victim was taken into protective custody and will be reunited with her family.
- SUSPECT SKETCHES, 911 CALL RELEASED IN SHERRI PAPINI KIDNAPPING
- 3 MEN ARRESTED IN SAN JOSE KILLING, ACCUSED OF TARGETING BROTHELS
- 3 SF PUBLIC SCHOOLS SHOW HIGH LEVELS OF LEAD IN WATER
- OFFICER TAKES KID TO MCDONALDS ON BDAY AFTER NO ONE PICKS HIM UP
- FEMALE GANG MEMBER’S ‘HOT’ MUGSHOT GOES VIRAL
- TEEN TO BE TRIED AS ADULT IN MURDER OF 8-YEAR-OLD MADDY MIDDLETON