SAN MATEO COUNTY (KRON) — Three teenagers died when their car crashed down an embankment off Skyline Boulevard in San Mateo County Wednesday morning.
At around 7:49 a.m., CHP officers responded to a crash on State Route 35, also known as Skyline Boulevard, just south of Bear Gulch Road.
When officers arrived, they discovered that a Hyundai was traveling southbound on SR-35 when the car left the west side of the roadway, collided with a tree and fell 50 feet down the embankment.
It is unknown why the car left the roadway or how fast they were traveling.
Officers believe the crash happened the night before.
All three occupants of the vehicle died in the crash.
According to the San Mateo County Coroner’s Office, these are the identities of three killed:
Matthew Edward Eric Cruz, 18, resident of Redwood City
Andrew Rogelio Gonzales , 18, resident of Menlo Park
Ricardo Seneca Torres, 19, resident of Redwood City
This collision is currently under investigation.
It is unknown at this time if drugs or alcohol were a factor in this collision.
Any witnesses are asked to contact Officer Brian Wester at (650) 369-6261.
- STABBING LEAVES SF SAFEWAY EMPLOYEE FIGHTING FOR LIFE
- BICYCLIST SHOT NEAR SAN JOSE VTA STATION
- CULTURAL APPROPRIATENESS OF MOANA HALLOWEEN COSTUME DEBATED
- POLICE: CHILD FATALLY STABS HIMSELF AS MOM BEATS, CHOKES HIM
- RAIN TO HIT BAY AREA BY WEEK’S END
- KRON4 & THE SALVATION ARMY: NORTH BAY FIRE RELIEF FUNDRAISER