FLORIDA (CNN)–Six Miami Fire and Rescue firefighters are out of a job after a noose was placed over a photo belonging to an African-American colleague.
The terminations were handed down Wednesday, the city said in a statement to CNN.
The city said the fire chief learned of the incident on September 9 and suspended 11 firefighters with pay. Ultimately six of them were fired — but the investigation continues.
“Findings could result in disciplinary actions ranging from suspensions to demotions,” the statement said.
“The city wouldn’t say exactly what happened beyond calling it “sexually explicit and racially offensive conduct.”
- STABBING LEAVES SF SAFEWAY EMPLOYEE FIGHTING FOR LIFE
- BICYCLIST SHOT NEAR SAN JOSE VTA STATION
- CULTURAL APPROPRIATENESS OF MOANA HALLOWEEN COSTUME DEBATED
- POLICE: CHILD FATALLY STABS HIMSELF AS MOM BEATS, CHOKES HIM
- RAIN TO HIT BAY AREA BY WEEK’S END
- KRON4 & THE SALVATION ARMY: NORTH BAY FIRE RELIEF FUNDRAISER