OAKLAND (KRON) — Nearly 2,000 city employees in Oakland will hit the picket line Thursday evening which will impact some city services.
The union said it’s protesting unfair labor practices. The one-day strike is set to begin around 5:00 p.m.
Among those participating are librarians, building inspectors, street cleaning crews, and parking enforcement officers.
- STABBING LEAVES SF SAFEWAY EMPLOYEE FIGHTING FOR LIFE
- BICYCLIST SHOT NEAR SAN JOSE VTA STATION
- CULTURAL APPROPRIATENESS OF MOANA HALLOWEEN COSTUME DEBATED
- POLICE: CHILD FATALLY STABS HIMSELF AS MOM BEATS, CHOKES HIM
- RAIN TO HIT BAY AREA BY WEEK’S END
- KRON4 & THE SALVATION ARMY: NORTH BAY FIRE RELIEF FUNDRAISER