LOS ANGELES COUNTY (KRON/AP) — The Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department says a 2-month-old boy allegedly kidnapped by his father has been found safe and the man is under arrest.
County Officials tweeted the baby was safe around 12:30 p.m. Saturday after a truck matching the description was reported near Los Angeles International Airport.
The initial alert said the father and baby were last seen Friday afternoon in Fort Tejon, an area on the Grapevine section of Interstate 5 about halfway between Los Angeles and Bakersfield.
Authorities say the suspect is 42-year-old Jeffrey Michael Gomes, who was considered armed and dangerous.
His son is 2-month-old Jefferson Gomes.
Further details about how and where baby Jefferson was found were not released.
— LA County Sheriff’s (@LASDHQ) November 4, 2017
- GIRL VIOLENTLY ASSAULTED ON DUBLIN SCHOOL CAMPUS
- DISCOVERY BAY MURDER SUSPECT IN CUSTODY
- 3 BAY AREA TEENS KILLED IN HALLOWEEN NIGHT CAR CRASH
- GANG MEMBER WHOSE ‘HOT’ MUGSHOT WENT VIRAL PLEADS GUILTY
- NON-SMOKERS GET EXTRA DAYS OFF TO MAKE UP FOR SMOKE BREAKS
- TRICK-OR-TREATER FINDS BLADE IN HALLOWEEN CANDY
- KRON4 & THE SALVATION ARMY: NORTH BAY FIRE RELIEF FUNDRAISER