RICHMOND (KRON)–On Saturday afternoon, protesters gathered to call attention to the conditions at an East Bay county jail.
The West County Detention Facility in Richmond houses inmates accused of a variety of criminal offenses. The facility also holds dozens of undocumented immigrants through a contract with the Federal Immigration and Customs Enforcement Agency.
For the last six years, a vigil has been held in honor of those detainees as they wait for a determination on their status.At Saturday’s gathering, protesters voiced their concerns about the conditions detainees experience.
- GIRL VIOLENTLY ASSAULTED ON DUBLIN SCHOOL CAMPUS
- DISCOVERY BAY MURDER SUSPECT IN CUSTODY
- 3 BAY AREA TEENS KILLED IN HALLOWEEN NIGHT CAR CRASH
- GANG MEMBER WHOSE ‘HOT’ MUGSHOT WENT VIRAL PLEADS GUILTY
- NON-SMOKERS GET EXTRA DAYS OFF TO MAKE UP FOR SMOKE BREAKS
- TRICK-OR-TREATER FINDS BLADE IN HALLOWEEN CANDY
- KRON4 & THE SALVATION ARMY: NORTH BAY FIRE RELIEF FUNDRAISER