UPDATE: The girls were found safe in Hayward and are back home. No further details are available.
REDWOOD CITY (KRON) — Two children have gone missing after walking away from a Redwood City care facility early Monday morning, sheriff’s deputies said.
At around 1 a.m., 13-year-old Iyana Harris and 11-year-old Davonye Cummings walked out of the Your House South facility, located at 394 Sequoia Ave.
Your House is an “unsecured temporary housing facility for troubled youth.”
Deputies believe the girls were heading to Hayward and were last seen walking east on Woodside Road from Sequoia Avenue.
Cummings is described as black, about 5 feet 4 inches tall, weighing about 150 pounds, and with black hair and brown eyes. She was last seen wearing a black hoodie and gray sweats.
Harris was described as Hispanic, about 5 feet 3 inches tall, about 160 pounds, with black hair and brown eyes. She was last seen wearing a blue hoodie and gray sweats, with a bright pink backpack.
They are considered at-risk due to their ages, deputies said.
- HIGH SCHOOL STUDENT SHOT, KILLED IN CONCORD
- 2 INMATES ESCAPE PALO ALTO COURTHOUSE
- EAST BAY TEACHER ACCUSED OF MOLESTING CHILD
- TEXAS CHURCH GUNMAN SENT HOSTILE TEXTS BEFORE ATTACK
- WOMAN FIRED FOR FLIPPING OFF TRUMP’S MOTORCADE
- HOW TO FIX APPLE’S ‘I’ TO ‘A’ AUTO-CORRECTION BUG