SANTA CLARA (KRON) — A woman who just wanted to rent a movie ended up buying a lottery ticket and winning $600,000 in Los Altos.
Siosi Taunaholo went to the Lucky supermarket located at 2175 Grant Road to rent a DVD from a Red Box machine, according to California Lottery officials.
After selecting her movie, she decided to pick up a $1 Set for Life Scratchers ticket while she was at the store.
That last-minute decision paid off big because she ended up winning the game’s top prize of $600,000.
“I bought the ticket because I thought [it] might be my lucky day,” Taunaholo told the California Lottery.
Taunaholo said she plans on using the money to help buy a house.
She now has the options of getting $2,000 a month for 25 years or taking a lump-sum cash option amount of $348,000 before taxes.
- HIGH SCHOOL STUDENT SHOT, KILLED IN CONCORD
- 2 INMATES ESCAPE PALO ALTO COURTHOUSE
- EAST BAY TEACHER ACCUSED OF MOLESTING CHILD
- TEXAS CHURCH GUNMAN SENT HOSTILE TEXTS BEFORE ATTACK
- WOMAN FIRED FOR FLIPPING OFF TRUMP’S MOTORCADE
- HOW TO FIX APPLE’S ‘I’ TO ‘A’ AUTO-CORRECTION BUG