CHICO-REDDING, CA (WCMH) — For the second time in two years, a California grandmother will be giving birth to her daughter’s child.
Last year, Megan Barker gave birth to her own grandson, Gus, and it made national headlines.
“And we did such a good job the first time, wait until you see him,” Barker told KRCR.
They did such a good job in fact, they’re now going to give Gus a sibling.
For the second time, Barker is carrying her daughter and son-in-law’s embryo in her womb.
And Barker, who will be 50 when the child is born, is confidant her body can handle carrying the child to full term.
“It’s not a concern to me. I’ve already done it once and the pregnancy was fantastic. I felt good,” she told KRCR.
The family is trying to raise $15,000 through a GoFundMe account to help pay for medical costs.
- HIGH SCHOOL STUDENT SHOT, KILLED IN CONCORD
- 2 INMATES ESCAPE PALO ALTO COURTHOUSE
- EAST BAY TEACHER ACCUSED OF MOLESTING CHILD
- TEXAS CHURCH GUNMAN SENT HOSTILE TEXTS BEFORE ATTACK
- WOMAN FIRED FOR FLIPPING OFF TRUMP’S MOTORCADE
- HOW TO FIX APPLE’S ‘I’ TO ‘A’ AUTO-CORRECTION BUG