(KRON) — A teenager mother is accused of suffocating her newborn child with a rock in Colorado.
The newborn was found behind homes in Green Valley Ranch in September.
The baby’s mother, 16-year-old Alaya Dotson, told police she didn’t know she was pregnant.
The affidavit says Dotson took her newborn to the backyard after a surprise delivery.
She told police the baby fell out of her arms after her mom startled her.
When Dotson’s mom went back inside the house, Dotson admits to picking up a rock putting it inside the baby’s mouth and pushing that rock down the baby’s throat.
An autopsy revealed that the cause of death was suffocation.
Dotson will be tried as an adult and is facing a first-degree murder charge.
- O.J. SIMPSON KICKED OUT OF VEGAS HOTEL FOR BEING UNRULY, DRUNK
- POLICE: WIPE DOWN SHOPPING CARTS, BUT NOT BECAUSE OF GERMS
- GLOBAL WARMING COULD LEAVE 2M HOMES UNDERWATER BY 2100
- OAKLAND SCHOOLS TESTING FOR HIGH LEVELS OF LEAD IN WATER
- MAN ARRESTED FOR SEXUAL FONDLING IN SAN JOSE STATE LIBRARY
- PLANE FORCED TO LAND AFTER WOMAN UNLOCKS CHEATING HUSBAND’S PHONE