VERO BEACH, Fla. (AP) — Authorities say a woman tried to sneak more than $1,800 worth of electronics through a Florida Walmart’s self-checkout by switching the items’ price tags with those from clearance items.
Treasure Coast Newspapers reports that 25-year-old Cheyenne Amber West was arrested Monday and charged with felony grand theft and felony shoplifting.
An arrest report says a loss-prevention officer at the Vero Beach Walmart told a deputy he saw West and another woman select a computer, video game controllers and other merchandise from the electronics department. The report says West covered the bar codes with stickers removed from less expensive items that rang up to just $3.70.
West was free on $3,000 bail. Jail records didn’t list an attorney.
The woman who was with West wasn’t arrested.
- 2 SUSPECTS ID’D IN MURDER OF CONCORD TEEN
- SENATE DEMS INTRODUCE BILL TO BAN ASSAULT WEAPONS
- 2 ARRESTED IN SAN JOSE DOUBLE MURDER AT TAQUERIA
- WOMAN WINS $64 MILLION WITH CA LOTTERY TICKET
- 16-YEAR-OLD ARRESTED AFTER 3 BODIES FOUND
- WATCH KRON4 NEWSCASTS LIVE