SANTA ROSA (KRON) — Firefighters are battling a blaze at a duplex in Sonoma County Friday morning.
While driving to Santa Rosa around 4:00 a.m., KRON4’s Lydia Pantazes saw flames on the side of Highway 101 in Cotati.
She found the fire burning in the 3000 block of East School St.
Neighbor Rebecca Smith tells KRON4 that she went knocking on doors to make sure no one was inside.
It turns out the units were both empty, as no one is living there at this time.
The units were previously sold, and the new owners have yet to move in.
The roof collapsed, narrowly missing the fire crew.
By 4:30 flames appeared to be out, but firefighters are still spraying for hot spots.
No injuries were reported.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
- O.J. SIMPSON KICKED OUT OF VEGAS HOTEL FOR BEING UNRULY, DRUNK
- POLICE: WIPE DOWN SHOPPING CARTS, BUT NOT BECAUSE OF GERMS
- GLOBAL WARMING COULD LEAVE 2M HOMES UNDERWATER BY 2100
- OAKLAND SCHOOLS TESTING FOR HIGH LEVELS OF LEAD IN WATER
- MAN ARRESTED FOR SEXUAL FONDLING IN SAN JOSE STATE LIBRARY
- PLANE FORCED TO LAND AFTER WOMAN UNLOCKS CHEATING HUSBAND’S PHONE