FLORIDA (KRON) — A woman accused of fatally shooting another woman while dressed up as a clown 27 years ago appeared in court in Florida Monday.
Sheila Keen Warren waived her right to speedy trial.
Police say Keen Warren dressed up as a clown, while holding flowers and balloons, knocked on the front door of Warren’s home.
And when she opened it, shot her in the face.
Authorities say Keen Warren was having an affair with the victim’s husband, Michael Warren.
Keen Warren and Michael Warren were initially identified as persons of interest but were never charged.
The cold case turned hot when authorities re-examined DNA evidence in 2014, and learned Keen Warren and Michael Warren got married in Las Vegas in 2002.
- J. SIMPSON KICKED OUT OF VEGAS HOTEL FOR BEING UNRULY, DRUNK
- POLICE: WIPE DOWN SHOPPING CARTS, BUT NOT BECAUSE OF GERMS
- GLOBAL WARMING COULD LEAVE 2M HOMES UNDERWATER BY 2100
- OAKLAND SCHOOLS TESTING FOR HIGH LEVELS OF LEAD IN WATER
- MAN ARRESTED FOR SEXUAL FONDLING IN SAN JOSE STATE LIBRARY
- PLANE FORCED TO LAND AFTER WOMAN UNLOCKS CHEATING HUSBAND’S PHONE