VANCOUVER, Wash. (CNN) — A sign reading “IT’S OK TO BE WHITE” sparked a clash between two groups in Vancouver, Washington Monday.
Members of a group called Patriot Prayer hung the sign over an I-5 overpass, next to a sign remembering an Ethiopian immigrant’s 1998 murder by white supremacists.
That’s when clashes began between Antifa and Patriot Prayer members.
They were heard arguing about if white privilege is real.
The confrontation lasted about an hour, but overall remained peaceful.
- 4.7-EARTHQUAKE RATTLES SOUTH BAY
- PHOTOS: BOY’S INJURIES AFTER BEING THROWN FROM WATER SLIDE
- MOTHER OF TWO KILLED IN SOUTH SF HIT-AND-RUN
- BART POLICE OFFICER ATTACKED BY ALLEGED FARE EVADER
- COPS: 2ND-GRADE TEACHER CAUGHT WITH COCAINE IN PURSE
- JOB PAYS $10K A MONTH TO LIVE IN CANCUN