LOS ANGELES (AP) – An Amber Alert has been issued in Southern California for a father who authorities say has abducted his 15-month-old son.
Investigators say the father and child were last seen Tuesday afternoon in the Boyle Heights area of Los Angeles.
The alert says the suspect is Carlos Reyna, a 35-year-old Hispanic man who is 6 feet 2 and 200 pounds.
Authorities say this week both parents lost custody rights for their son, 15-month-old Noe Reyna, over narcotics-related issues.
When Department of Children Family Services officials arrived to pick up the boy on Tuesday, they found the boy and the father were gone.
Police say Noe’s mother is cooperating with authorities.
- 4.7-EARTHQUAKE RATTLES SOUTH BAY
- PHOTOS: BOY’S INJURIES AFTER BEING THROWN FROM WATER SLIDE
- MOTHER OF TWO KILLED IN SOUTH SF HIT-AND-RUN
- BART POLICE OFFICER ATTACKED BY ALLEGED FARE EVADER
- COPS: 2ND-GRADE TEACHER CAUGHT WITH COCAINE IN PURSE
- JOB PAYS $10K A MONTH TO LIVE IN CANCUN