SAN FRANCISCO (KRON)— Several Bay Area cities and counties received a warning from the Department of Justice.
Letters were sent to San Francisco, Berkeley, Fremont as well as Contra Costa, Santa Clara, and Sonoma counties.
The letter says the cities and counties may be violating federal law by preventing employees from cooperating with federal immigration officials.
President Trump has threatened to take money away from sanctuary cities. The cities and counties have until Dec. 8 to respond to the Justice Department’s letter.
- ‘PSYCHOPATHIC’ ESCAPEE FROM HAWAII ARRESTED IN STOCKTON
- BODY OF TEHAMA COUNTY GUNMAN’S WIFE FOUND UNDER HIS HOUSE
- VIDEO: MAN THROWS PUNCHES, RACIAL SLURS AT BART PASSENGER
- 19 MEN ARRESTED IN PROSTITUTION STING AT UNION CITY HOTEL
- WHERE CAN YOU FIND HOMES FOR UNDER $500K IN THE BAY AREA?
- PREGNANT WOMAN WHO TOOK PHOTO WITH BEES SHARES SAD NEWS