SONOMA COUNTY (KRON) — A big rig carrying thousands of chickens overturned Thursday morning in Sonoma County.
The incident happened at around 5:30 a.m. in the area of Highway 121 and Ramal Road just east of Schellville, according to the California Highway Patrol.
The big rig was carrying 6,000 chicken in crates, the driver told CHP.
The crash spilled the chickens all over the roadway and halted Hwy 121 for hours.
A video of the scene shows that many of the chickens survived the crash. However, some appeared to be pretty shaken up and barely moving.
The chickens were on their way to Petaluma Poultry from a farm in the area, according to CHP.
- ‘PSYCHOPATHIC’ ESCAPEE FROM HAWAII ARRESTED IN STOCKTON
- BODY OF TEHAMA COUNTY GUNMAN’S WIFE FOUND UNDER HIS HOUSE
- VIDEO: MAN THROWS PUNCHES, RACIAL SLURS AT BART PASSENGER
- 19 MEN ARRESTED IN PROSTITUTION STING AT UNION CITY HOTEL
- WHERE CAN YOU FIND HOMES FOR UNDER $500K IN THE BAY AREA?
- PREGNANT WOMAN WHO TOOK PHOTO WITH BEES SHARES SAD NEWS