SAN JOSE (KRON) — The San Jose area requires the highest income in the country to buy a home, according to a new report by HSH.com
It shows the income needed to afford the principal, interest, tax, and insurance payments on a median-priced home, with a 20 percent down payment.
San Jose requires a household income of just over $216,000 dollars.
San Francisco is No. 2, requiring $171,000.
Sacramento comes in the top 15, requiring a household salary of $71,000.
- SAN JOSE MATH CAMP TEACHER ARRESTED IN SEX ASSAULT ON GIRL
- FBI SEEKS HELP FINDING HELLS ANGELS MEMBER IN SONOMA COUNTY
- UBER COVER-UP HACK HITS 57 MILLION USERS, DRIVERS
- TOP 15 THANKSGIVING & BLACK FRIDAY DEALS OF 2017
- LIST OF RESTAURANTS OPEN ON THANKSGIVING DAY
- BAY AREA STORE HOURS FOR THANKSGIVING & BLACK FRIDAY