SUNNYVALE (KRON)–On Thursday, Sunnyvale police arrested a 21-year-old man who they believe was driving under the influence when he hit and killed an elderly woman.
According to police, the accident happened in the city of Santa Clara around 8:40 p.m. near the intersection of Lawrence Expressway and Monroe Avenue.
Officers and fire personnel responded to the three-vehicle accident and found an 89-year-old female passenger from one of the vehicles with severe injuries. She was transported to the hospital and unfortunately did not survive his injuries.
Police said, the drive of one of the other involved vehicles, 21-year-old Oscar Pazarciga was driving under the influence. He was arrested for vehicular manslaughter and driving under the influence. He was later booked into County jail after treatment of his injuries.
- SAN JOSE MATH CAMP TEACHER ARRESTED IN SEX ASSAULT ON GIRL
- FBI SEEKS HELP FINDING HELLS ANGELS MEMBER IN SONOMA COUNTY
- UBER COVER-UP HACK HITS 57 MILLION USERS, DRIVERS
- TOP 15 THANKSGIVING & BLACK FRIDAY DEALS OF 2017
- LIST OF RESTAURANTS OPEN ON THANKSGIVING DAY
- BAY AREA STORE HOURS FOR THANKSGIVING & BLACK FRIDAY