SENECA, S.C. (AP) — Authorities say a 2-year-old boy has died after he rolled up his father’s pickup truck window on his neck at a South Carolina construction site.
Oconee County Coroner Karl Addis said the father started the truck with his son inside to warm up around 6 p.m. Wednesday, then went out to gather his tools at the site in Seneca.
Addis says when the father came back, he found McCarson Porter unconscious with the power window pressing his neck against the truck’s frame. The coroner says the truck’s window had rocker-type switches.
Addis said in a statement the child died of asphyxiation and his death was ruled an accident.
The coroner says the family lived in Clinton.
- SAN JOSE MATH CAMP TEACHER ARRESTED IN SEX ASSAULT ON GIRL
- FBI SEEKS HELP FINDING HELLS ANGELS MEMBER IN SONOMA COUNTY
- UBER COVER-UP HACK HITS 57 MILLION USERS, DRIVERS
- TOP 15 THANKSGIVING & BLACK FRIDAY DEALS OF 2017
- LIST OF RESTAURANTS OPEN ON THANKSGIVING DAY
- BAY AREA STORE HOURS FOR THANKSGIVING & BLACK FRIDAY