FAIRFIELD (KRON) — A man is accused of animal cruelty after a young kitten died Monday from significant trauma in Fairfield, police said.
Officers arrested 22-year-old Keith Hebert in the 200 Block of East Tabor Avenue, according to the Fairfield Police Department.
The investigation began when officers received a call at 11:30 a.m. from a local animal hospital regarding a weeks-old kitten that was dropped off with significant trauma, police said.
Officers were able to connect Hebert to the crime based on witness statements and prior contacts.
While officers were looking for Hebert, the vet hospital called and said the kitten died from its injuries.
Officers arrested Hebert without incident and booked him into Solano County Jail on one charge of animal cruelty.
- CAL ATHLETE SURVIVES CRASH THAT KILLED FAMILY
- GAS LEAK TRIGGERS EXPLOSION, EVACUATIONS IN SAN FRANCISCO
- LOTTERY OFFICIALS SEARCH FOR POWERBALL WINNER IN OAKLAND
- PRINCE HARRY AND ACTRESS MEGHAN MARKLE TO WED NEXT YEAR
- METH LAB FOUND IN HOME OF ACCUSED SOUTH BAY STALKER