WALNUT CREEK (KRON) — More than 180 people across the United States have filed sexual assault lawsuits, police reports, and other sexual misconduct complaints against Massage Envy.
KRON4’s Lydia Pantazes is at a Massage Envy location in Walnut Creek.
She says although we are not are not aware of any cases in the Bay Area, we know there are at least two in Sacramento County.
Buzzfeed News were the ones who came out with the investigative report.
The reports says that many of those who complained believed their claims were either mishandled or ignored by employees, owners of the individual franchises, or the national company.
In a statement to Buzzfeed news, Massage Envy said the complaints spanned a period of more than 15 years.
In court filings and public statements, Massage Envy says it’s not liable for sexual assaults that take place at their franchises because of the franchise agreement.
- CAL ATHLETE SURVIVES CRASH THAT KILLED FAMILY
- GAS LEAK TRIGGERS EXPLOSION, EVACUATIONS IN SAN FRANCISCO
- LOTTERY OFFICIALS SEARCH FOR POWERBALL WINNER IN OAKLAND
- PRINCE HARRY AND ACTRESS MEGHAN MARKLE TO WED NEXT YEAR
- METH LAB FOUND IN HOME OF ACCUSED SOUTH BAY STALKER