SAN FRANCISCO (KRON)– The National Weather Service is warning Bay Area beach-goers to expect high surf along the coast Wednesday from Sonoma to Monterey counties.
Northwest swells from 10 to 14 feet are expected between the early morning and night.
West to northwest facing beaches will be particularly affected.
In addition to big surf, area residents should also be cautious of sneaker waves and dangerous rip currents. These conditions could heighten the risk of unsuspecting beach-goers getting swept out to sea.
- CAL ATHLETE SURVIVES CRASH THAT KILLED FAMILY
- GAS LEAK TRIGGERS EXPLOSION, EVACUATIONS IN SAN FRANCISCO
- LOTTERY OFFICIALS SEARCH FOR POWERBALL WINNER IN OAKLAND
- PRINCE HARRY AND ACTRESS MEGHAN MARKLE TO WED NEXT YEAR
- METH LAB FOUND IN HOME OF ACCUSED SOUTH BAY STALKER