SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) — Caltrain unveiled its Holiday Train Friday morning in San Francisco.
KRON4’s Lydia Pantazes was at the train station, where she says the train is getting ready for its two-day, toy-collecting journey to the South Bay.
Decorated with over 70,000 lights, the train will make nine stops between San Francisco and Santa Clara when it takes off Saturday at 4:00 p.m.
Caltrain partnered with the Salvation Army and Marine Toys for Tots.
At each of their nine stops they are accepting toy donations for families in need this Christmas.
“During the 20-minute station stops, Santa, Mrs. Claus, Frosty and the gang will get off the train to greet children and spread holiday cheer,” organizers said. “Bring the family to join in the fun, and bring a new, unwrapped toy to donate to the Holiday Train Toy Drive.”
- GARCIA ZARATE FOUND NOT GUILTY OF KILLING KATE STEINLE
- FULL COVERAGE: KATE STEINLE SHOOTING CASE
- BOY DIES AFTER MOM REFUSES TO TAKE HIM TO DOCTOR
- POLICE IDENTIFY RENO HIGH-RISE GUNMAN KILLED BY SWAT
- CAR YOU DRIVE REVEALS IF YOU ARE DEMOCRAT OR REPUBLICAN
- WATCH LIVE: KRON4 NEWSCASTS