VALLEJO (KRON)– A 9-year-old Vallejo boy is spreading the holiday joy and donating toys to homeless children in his community.
Nine-year-old Mesai Davis got bright the idea to start an annual toy drive in December of 2015. Now fast forward to 2017, he’s reaching even more kids.
Former President Obama caught wind of Davis’ commitment to service and wrote him a letter to applaud his efforts.
On Saturday morning Mesai accepted donations just in time for the holiday and hopes to give nearly 200 kids a gift to open on Christmas.
- CARJACKING SUSPECT SHOT, KILLED BY SFPD
- SF DEFENDS SANCTUARY STATUS AFTER STEINLE VERDICT
- VIDEO: DELIVERY DRIVER POOPS ON SACRAMENTO DRIVEWAY
- MCDONALD’S MANAGER TO GET $110K FOR HELPING NAB SUSPECT
- CONCORD RESTAURANT BRIEFLY SHUT DOWN AFTER RATS INFESTATION
- GET YOUR MORTGAGE OR RENT PAID IN 2018