SAN FRANCISCO (KRON)– Prepare for delays Monday morning as Caltrans crews continue repairs on the Bay Bridge toll plaza after a deadly crash.
Booth 14 remains closed after being virtually destroyed Saturday.
A box truck plowed into the toll booth, killing the attendant and slamming into other vehicles.
Caltrans is warning drivers to expect delays as they work to fix the damage.
By 5:00 a.m. traffic leading into the toll plaza was already jammed from West Grand and growing.
Consider taking other methods of transportation or an alternate route.
— Robin Winston (@RobinWinstonTV) December 4, 2017
Will Tran is at the toll plaza this morning.
He says co-workers of Si Si Han, the toll taker killed in the crash, are showing up today with heavy hearts.
46-year-old Han had only been at work for 10 minutes when she was hit by the truck. The driver was arrested on suspected DUI and vehicular manslaughter hours after the crash.
Flags at the toll plaza are flying at half-staff in Han’s honor.
Flags at half staff this morn at bay bridge toll plaza in honor of toll worker killed Sat. by accused DUI driver pic.twitter.com/wSjjbRe4QR
— Will Tran (@KRON4WTran) December 4, 2017
- CARJACKING SUSPECT SHOT, KILLED BY SFPD
- SF DEFENDS SANCTUARY STATUS AFTER STEINLE VERDICT
- VIDEO: DELIVERY DRIVER POOPS ON SACRAMENTO DRIVEWAY
- MCDONALD’S MANAGER TO GET $110K FOR HELPING NAB SUSPECT
- CONCORD RESTAURANT BRIEFLY SHUT DOWN AFTER RATS INFESTATION
- GET YOUR MORTGAGE OR RENT PAID IN 2018