OAKLAND (KRON)-Police are investigating a suspicious device that was left in Oakland mail collection box on Saturday.
According to U.S. Postal Inspector Jeff Fitch, at around 3:00 p.m. a letter carrier noticed the suspicious device inside a blue mail bin.
The collection box was located on the corner of San Pablo and Stanford Avenues.
The Alameda County Sheriff’s Bomb Squad and Oakland police responded to the scene and blocked off the area. Some residents were escorted out of there homes. The bomb squad examined the device and rendered it safe.
All evidence will be sent to the U.S. Postal Service Crime Lab, located outside of Washington D.C.
- CARJACKING SUSPECT SHOT, KILLED BY SFPD
- SF DEFENDS SANCTUARY STATUS AFTER STEINLE VERDICT
- VIDEO: DELIVERY DRIVER POOPS ON SACRAMENTO DRIVEWAY
- MCDONALD’S MANAGER TO GET $110K FOR HELPING NAB SUSPECT
- CONCORD RESTAURANT BRIEFLY SHUT DOWN AFTER RATS INFESTATION
- GET YOUR MORTGAGE OR RENT PAID IN 2018