SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) — Monday morning Caltrans employees are mourning the loss of a co-worker killed while working in her toll booth on Saturday.
It is with heavy hearts that crews begin repairing the Bay Bridge toll plaza, where a box truck plowed into Si Si Han’s booth.
“She was family,” Caltrans worker Bob Haus said. “We’re all family here at Caltrans.”
He, like Han’s other co-workers, are stunned by the 46-year-old’s death.
“You’re never prepared for it,” Haus said.
While dealing with this tragic loss, Caltrans still has a massive job to do.
Han’s booth, booth 14, was basically destroyed in the collision.
Haus says the damage is too extensive to fix in house.
Caltrans is looking to hire an emergency contractor to help construct a new booth.
Haus says the damage is too extensive to estimate how long repairs will take.
In the meantime, drivers should plan ahead for delays.
Booth 14 down at bay bridge toll plaza. Si Si Han, 46 yr old, mother to 10 yr girl killed by accused DUI driver pic.twitter.com/kHanwcbnBQ
— Will Tran (@KRON4WTran) December 4, 2017
3 of 4 damaged booths at Bay Bridge opened at 4:30 pic.twitter.com/ZBg0EfrHR2
— Caltrans District 4 (@CaltransD4) December 4, 2017
- CARJACKING SUSPECT SHOT, KILLED BY SFPD
- SF DEFENDS SANCTUARY STATUS AFTER STEINLE VERDICT
- VIDEO: DELIVERY DRIVER POOPS ON SACRAMENTO DRIVEWAY
- MCDONALD’S MANAGER TO GET $110K FOR HELPING NAB SUSPECT
- CONCORD RESTAURANT BRIEFLY SHUT DOWN AFTER RATS INFESTATION
- GET YOUR MORTGAGE OR RENT PAID IN 2018