SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) — In today’s edition of The World According to Gary, Gary Radnich and Darya Folsom talk about Jimmy Garoppolo’s first start with the 49ers, the Raiders squeaking out a win at home, and a degree in turf talk.
49er fans have been waiting for weeks to see Garoppolo get his first start.
The wait proved to be worth it as he shined in the team’s 15-14 win over the Bears.
He didn’t throw any touchdowns, but showed he’s capable of leading drives that at least put the team in field goal range, which he did five times on Sunday.
As head coach Kyle Shanahan said, “He handled the offense well. He definitely moved the chains.”
Despite missing star receivers Amari Cooper and Michael Crabtree, the Raiders also found success this week.
They played the New York Giants at home, but did not have to face Eli Manning.
Geno Smith got the start in a game where Oakland’s defense finally showed some spark.
Raiders held on to win 24-17.
In other turf talk, did you know there’s a special degree dedicated to grass?
Darya explains in today’s Gary’s World!
- CARJACKING SUSPECT SHOT, KILLED BY SFPD
- SF DEFENDS SANCTUARY STATUS AFTER STEINLE VERDICT
- VIDEO: DELIVERY DRIVER POOPS ON SACRAMENTO DRIVEWAY
- MCDONALD’S MANAGER TO GET $110K FOR HELPING NAB SUSPECT
- CONCORD RESTAURANT BRIEFLY SHUT DOWN AFTER RATS INFESTATION
- GET YOUR MORTGAGE OR RENT PAID IN 2018