ALGONQUIN, Illinois (KRON/CNN) — A Siberian husky from Illinois is resting comfortably in his home after he went missing over two years ago.
Cody disappeared in 2015 and was recently found more than 50 miles from his home.
He was back in his favorite chair Sunday night, resting next to his owner, who said it is surreal to see his dog after more than two years.
“I got a phone call from the Noah’s Ark which is an animal shelter in Rockford that Cody was there,” owner Armand Ravizza said. “I said, ‘Yeah.’ I was shocked. Stunned.”
The owner says he is thrilled to see Cody back home with his sister, a Labrador Retriever named shadow.
It is unclear where the missing dog was located.
However, he appeared to be healthy other than some breathing issues.
Cody will be going to the vet this week for a checkup.
- CARJACKING SUSPECT SHOT, KILLED BY SFPD
- SF DEFENDS SANCTUARY STATUS AFTER STEINLE VERDICT
- VIDEO: DELIVERY DRIVER POOPS ON SACRAMENTO DRIVEWAY
- MCDONALD’S MANAGER TO GET $110K FOR HELPING NAB SUSPECT
- CONCORD RESTAURANT BRIEFLY SHUT DOWN AFTER RATS INFESTATION
- GET YOUR MORTGAGE OR RENT PAID IN 2018