LOUISVILLE, KY (CNN Newsource) — It was a nightmare situation for one Kentucky father when his three-year-old boy accidentally shot himself.
Then, as he was rushing the injured child to the hospital, he got into a car accident.
It all began in an apartment in Louisville when police say a three-year-old boy got a hold of a gun and shot himself by accident.
After it happened police say the boy’s father put him in the car and tried to rush him to the hospital when this happened.
Police say the father hit another car on the way to the hospital.
An ambulance took the child the rest of the way to Norton Children’s Hospital, authorities said.
His injuries are said to be non-life threatening.
The child was conscious when the ambulance got to the hospital.
It’s not clear how the child got the gun or if anyone will face charges.
Police have not said if anyone was hurt in the car accident.
- CARJACKING SUSPECT SHOT, KILLED BY SFPD
- SF DEFENDS SANCTUARY STATUS AFTER STEINLE VERDICT
- VIDEO: DELIVERY DRIVER POOPS ON SACRAMENTO DRIVEWAY
- MCDONALD’S MANAGER TO GET $110K FOR HELPING NAB SUSPECT
- CONCORD RESTAURANT BRIEFLY SHUT DOWN AFTER RATS INFESTATION
- GET YOUR MORTGAGE OR RENT PAID IN 2018