OAKLAND (KRON) — A 4-year-old girl was shot in East Oakland on Wednesday night, police said.
The shooting happened in the 6500 block of Simson Street at around 8:50 p.m.
The child is in stable condition and was shot in the forearm.
The child is recovering at Children’s Hospital.
The girl was with one of her parents at the time of the shooting.
The shooter is still on the loose.
No other information has been made available by police.
- ONLY ON 4: JAILHOUSE INTERVIEW WITH GHOST SHIP’S DERICK ALMENA
- FEDS FILE NEW CHARGES AGAINST MAN ACQUITTED IN KATE STEINLE CASE
- INTERACTIVE MAP: SOCAL FIRE PERIMETER AND EVACUATIONS
- POLICE: BODY FOUND IN PARKING LOT OF HIGH SCHOOL IN SAN JOSE
- ARRESTS MADE IN DEADLY SHOOTING AT SAN LEANDRO GAS STATION
- GET YOUR MORTGAGE OR RENT PAID IN 2018