COMMERCE CITY, Colorado (KRON/CNN) — A Colorado teacher is in hot water after a classroom photo of a message apparently threatening his students went viral.
Kris Burghart is accused of writing the message, “Silent reading. I want to kill children, so please sit down and read,” to his eighth-grade class.
It was then projected onto a screen in the classroom.
Parents who have seen the alleged note are on edge.
They say after the first message, the teacher put it up a second time.
In response, the school district has placed Burghart on leave.
There is no word if police in Colorado are investigating this incident.
- ONLY ON 4: JAILHOUSE INTERVIEW WITH GHOST SHIP’S DERICK ALMENA
- FEDS FILE NEW CHARGES AGAINST MAN ACQUITTED IN KATE STEINLE CASE
- INTERACTIVE MAP: SOCAL FIRE PERIMETER AND EVACUATIONS
- POLICE: BODY FOUND IN PARKING LOT OF HIGH SCHOOL IN SAN JOSE
- ARRESTS MADE IN DEADLY SHOOTING AT SAN LEANDRO GAS STATION
- GET YOUR MORTGAGE OR RENT PAID IN 2018