OAKLAND (KRON) – A vehicle hit and killed a pedestrian Wednesday night in Oakland near the Posey Tube, police said.
The crash happened at around 10:53 p.m. in the 900 block of Harrison Street, according to police.
Witnesses told police the vehicle was driving northbound on Harrison Street at a high rate of speed when the collision happened.
The driver stayed on the scene, police said.
Police are investigating the collision Thursday morning.
They are asking drivers to avoid the Posey Tube leaving Alameda.
— Robin Winston (@RobinWinstonTV) December 7, 2017
- ONLY ON 4: JAILHOUSE INTERVIEW WITH GHOST SHIP’S DERICK ALMENA
- FEDS FILE CHARGES AGAINST MAN ACQUITTED IN KATE STEINLE CASE
- INTERACTIVE MAP: SOCAL FIRE PERIMETER AND EVACUATIONS
- POLICE: BODY FOUND IN PARKING LOT OF HIGH SCHOOL IN SAN JOSE
- ARRESTS MADE IN DEADLY SHOOTING AT SAN LEANDRO GAS STATION
- GET YOUR MORTGAGE OR RENT PAID IN 2018