SAN JOSE (KRON) — A Santa Clara County Correctional Deputy has been arrested for trading illegal images with a teen girl, according to San Jose police.
Police say 23-year-old Blaine Hopper, of San Jose, was arrested for two felonies: causing a minor to send harmful matter over the internet and distributing harmful matter to a minor over the internet.
Over the course of five months, Hopper became friends with the 17-year-old girl while the two were in a youth program, police said. The two communicated on social media.
Hopper is accused of requesting illegal images from the girl and sending illegal images and videos of himself to her.
Police arrested Hopper on Tuesday at his home.
He has been booked into the Santa Clara County Jail.
- INTERACTIVE MAP: FIRES BURNING ACROSS SOCAL
- SMOKE FROM SOCAL FIRES MOVES INTO BAY AREA
- FAST-MOVING FIRE BURNS HOMES IN SAN DIEGO COUNTY
- BODY FOUND ALONG BAY TRAIL IN SUNNYVALE
- DAD SHOOTS GUNMAN THREATENING FAMILY IN RESTAURANT
- GET YOUR MORTGAGE OR RENT PAID IN 2018