DAVIS (KRON/CNN) — Four-month-old Loca was severely bitten by another dog, but thanks to a 3D-printed mask, she is well on her way to being a healthy puppy.
Loca’s skull and jaw had extensive damage.
A company in Davis just happened to be developing 3D-printed exoskeletons and Loca was the perfect candidate.
She was fitted with the mask, which had a padded neck bandage that helps to stabilize her neck fracture.
The mask was removed after three months.
Loca is still healing, but she has a new lease on life.
- INTERACTIVE MAP: FIRES BURNING ACROSS SOCAL
- SMOKE FROM SOCAL FIRES MOVES INTO BAY AREA
- FAST-MOVING FIRE BURNS HOMES IN SAN DIEGO COUNTY
- BODY FOUND ALONG BAY TRAIL IN SUNNYVALE
- DAD SHOOTS GUNMAN THREATENING FAMILY IN RESTAURANT
- GET YOUR MORTGAGE OR RENT PAID IN 2018