PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) — A man who showed up at a party naked and groped a woman has been sentenced to more than four years in prison.
Robert Roy Engelsman was sentenced Thursday in Multnomah County Circuit Court.
The Oregonian/OregonLive reported that he told the judge he wasn’t acting normally the night of June 25 because he was drunk and had sniffed glue.
The 43-year-old man said he thought he heard his ex-girlfriend’s voice inside the house.
Authorities say Engelsman came into the house visibly aroused, lifted up a woman’s skirt and pressed himself against her.
He pleaded no contest to first-degree burglary and attempted first-degree sexual abuse.
Multnomah County Circuit Judge Gregory Silver noted that Engelsman had a history of drug abuse and said he needs to make changes in his life.
- INTERACTIVE MAP: FIRES BURNING ACROSS SOCAL
- SMOKE FROM SOCAL FIRES MOVES INTO BAY AREA
- FAST-MOVING FIRE BURNS HOMES IN SAN DIEGO COUNTY
- BODY FOUND ALONG BAY TRAIL IN SUNNYVALE
- DAD SHOOTS GUNMAN THREATENING FAMILY IN RESTAURANT
- GET YOUR MORTGAGE OR RENT PAID IN 2018