VIDEO: Dog OK after swallowing 21 pacifiers

 

(KRON) — An Oklahoma family noticed that their dog didn’t seem to be feeling well, so they took her to the vet.

That’s where they were shocked to find out she swallowed 21 pacifiers.

Dr. Chris Rispoli has cared for 4-year-old Shar-Pei Dovey since she was a pup, so when her owner brought her in to be examined Wednesday, he was immediately concerned by how much weight the dog had lost in so little time.

“Dad said Grandma had seen her jump up on the counter and grab one of the baby’s pacifiers, and they had been missing a lot of pacifiers,” Rispoli said.

An X-ray revealed Dovey knew exactly where those missing pacifiers were – in her stomach – a fact that left her family and even Rispoli in disbelief.

“In 20 years, this is the craziest surgery I’ve ever done,” Rispoli said. “They were pretty stunned because we thought there were seven to nine in there, and I pulled out 21.”

Rispoli says the unusual case comes with a simple reminder: “put things away.”

“Don’t leave them on the countertop,” Rispoli said.

The dog is expected to be OK.

WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON: 

>>MORE STORIES 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s